Saturday 26 February 2011

Here we go...

As a returning gamer after a 'few' years absence I've been lurking around the game blogging community for about 12 months, looking at what folks are up to, how much the scene has changed, and especially how bad I paint compared to everyone else .

In this time I've started 5 projects and finished none...! Looking around I've noticed that a fair few use the blog as a means for measuring their progress against a set goal. I intend to set my gaming agenda for the year and the requirements and publish a schedule. Hopefully the public statement of intent should shame me into getting things done.

The other reason for the post is to keep a diary of games I've played over the year. I recently joined a local wargames club and have played several games already and some of the details are already becoming blurred.

The games I intend to create elements for are :

Rapid Fire : US 101st airborne & German opposition.
Fields of Glory : Storm of Arrows army.
Esprit De Corp : Little Inkerman using Irregular 2mm (Scenario from Miniature Wargames)

I've also started some 15mm zombies (a fun buy from eBay) with some special ops as opponents for my own rules.

British Colonial & Zulu - figures from Black Tree & Wargames Factory, need to find some rules for these though.

Well that's the overview just need to work out the detail...

No comments:

Post a Comment